A Little Bit of Chile

Hi FAU Bloggers,

Today I will tell you about a place I would like to go again because I liked it a lot when I went there. Chile Chico is a city that is in the region of Aisen, is a bordering place with Argentina, so its population is varied.

Chile Chico is known in the fruit industry, specifically for its cherries. In the summer of 2017, an uncle who is an agricultural engineer invited a cousin and I to work in Chile Chico for a month, in a cherry packing house. The job consisted of paying our round-trip airfare, and having us room and board for the whole month. 

So we traveled by plane from Santiago and arrived at Balmaceda Airport, from there we took a van to Puerto Ibañez, where we took a barge that took us to Chile Chico. On the trip we went with workers who were also going to work, both in the harvest and in the packing. Besides my cousin, a friend of my sister's was with us. 

In particular we went to work, however every weekend we went out to explore, there are several tourist places nearby, such as the Jeinimeni Lake National Reserve, which is a great trekking, or the marble cathedrals, or the castle hill.Besides going out on the weekends, when we finished work we stayed an extra week to rest and go out and see the surroundings with my uncle's family.


Comentarios