The Cueva del Toro

Hello FAU Bloggers

In today's post I'm going to tell you about a Chilean landmark. Some years ago, I would say more than 10, with my family we went to a town south of Concepcion, called Lebu. My mother had a friend from when they were young, who lived there and usually invited her to go, so one summer she accepted the invitation and we went with her and my sister.

Lebu is a coastal town, so it has a beach, a lighthouse and little else, however they have a curious attraction, the famous Cueva del Toro. This cave is located next to the beach and has several legends that influence its history, it is said that a Spaniard stole a lot and hid his loot in this cave and his treasure has not yet been found. The bull's cave is so called because when the wind passes through the caverns of the cave it makes a sound like a bull's grunt.

My family and I went to visit it, my mother's friend took us and gave us the tour, the truth is that there are not many caves, but they do give you chills when you go through them. At the entrance of the cave they sell souvenirs, with jewels of the area, I called my attention that they sold lapis lazuli, extracted from nearby. Besides the cave, being positioned on the edge of the beach, has nice views and is quite nice, there are people who occupy the cave as a refuge from the heat during the summer and it gets crowded.

I liked to go and visit this place, it has a bit of mysticism in the atmosphere. If I ever go to Lebu again, I will definitely go to the Cueva del Toro again.



Comentarios